The admission requirements for the “Master of Arts in Game Development and Research” program are as follows
- the successful completion of a university degree with the degree “Bachelor of Arts” or “Bachelor of Sciences” or with an equivalent or higher degree such as Diplom, Magister, Master or Staatsexamen;
- proof of a practical activity of at least twelve months’ duration relevant to the course of study after completion of the first university degree. This practice time should be completed completely up to the Studienbeginn, can be acquired however cumulatively. The period, in which it was acquired, should lie in the last five years before the application time. Exceptions such as an extension of the timeframe may be approved upon request;
- proof of special study-related suitability for the “Game Development and Research” degree program.
If you wish to apply to a study program at the Cologne Game Lab, you will need the following documents:
- Completed application tasks
- Scans of academic certificates and degrees
- Portrait photo
- Work samples (link and/or PDF)
If you have all the required documents and already completed the application task, you can go directly to
Remember that you have time until March 31 at 23:59 CEST to submit your application.
You can find the application task under the site called TASK!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS WITH NON-GERMAN DIPLOMAS
Please be aware that CGL does not check the formal validity of your documents. International applicants have to submit their documents to the validation agency Uni-Assist parallel to the CGL application procedure. The deadline for Uni-Assist submissions is also March 31.
All application documents must be submitted to Uni-Assist as officially certified copies. If your documents are issued in a language other than English or German, you are required to submit a German or English language translation from a state certified translator.
We would generally recommend you to prepare and submit your Uni Assist materials early on. The evaluation process by Uni Assist can take up to four weeks during peak times even longer. Your final admission, however, depends on the result of the evaluation.
Current Uni-Assist process due to Covid-19: For the winter semester 2022/23 you can apply in digital form at uni-assist, you do not have to send any documents by post. TH Köln reserves the right to check these documents during the enrollment.
Please find further information on the Uni-Assist procedure here: