The admission requirements for the “Master of Arts in 3D Animation for Film & Games” program are as follows
- the successful completion of a university degree with the degree “Bachelor of Arts” or “Bachelor of Sciences” or with an equivalent such as Diplom, Magister, Master or Staatsexamen in the fields of Film, Games, Design, Architecture or equivalent;
- proof of a professional experience of at least twelve months’ duration relevant to the course of study after completion of the first university degree. This practice time should be completed up to the beginning of the program. It can, however, be acquired cumulatively. The period, in which it was acquired, should lie in the last five years before the application time. Exceptions such as an extension of the timeframe may be approved upon request;
- proof of special study-related suitability for the “3D Animation for Film & Games” degree program (aptitude test during the application phase).
Step 1 (international student only):
Validation of the first higher education degree by Uni-Assist. (s. further information below)
Step 2 (all applicants):
Application for the program / artistic-scientific aptitude test, which consists of the following elements:
- the submission of all necessary application documents (degree documents and application tasks);
- an interview.
If you wish to apply to the study program MA 3D ANIMATION FOR FILM & GAMES of the Cologne Game Lab and the ifs internationale filmschule köln, you will need the following documents:
- Completed application tasks
- Portrait photo
- Scans of academic certificates, degrees
- Proof of 12 months professional experience
Remember that you have time until March 31 at 23:59 CEST to submit your application.
Please, make sure that your application documents are complete. You can only upload them once. Exchanging documents is not possible, either.
You can find the application task under the site called TASK!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS WITH NON-GERMAN DIPLOMAS
Please be aware that CGL does not check the formal validity of your documents. International applicants have to submit their documents to the validation agency Uni-Assist parallel to the CGL application procedure. The application portal of Uni-Assist is open from mid February to March 31.
All application documents must be submitted to Uni-Assist. For the winter semester 2023/24 you can apply in digital form at Uni-Assist – even without official certification, you do not have to send any documents by post. TH Köln reserves the right to check these documents during the enrollment. If your documents are issued in a language other than English or German, you are required to submit a German or English language translation from a state certified translator.
We would generally recommend you to prepare and submit your Uni Assist materials early on. The evaluation process by Uni-Assist can take up to four weeks during peak times even longer. Your final admission, however, depends on the result of the evaluation.
Please find further information on the Uni-Assist procedure here: